St. Martin de Porres House of Hope is a non-profit corporation organization in the State of Illinois. It is not a program of, nor does it receive funding from the Archdiocese of Chicago.
We aim to be good stewards of the resources we receive to fulfill our mission. Our financial statements and annual reports from the past two years are posted below as soon as they become available each year. Statements older than two years are available upon request.
IRS Form 990s
The immediate effect of our program is to provide shelter and food for the women and children who live at St. Martin de Porres House of Hope. The long-term effect of our program is to give them the tools and resources to successfully living a sober, responsible and free life.
- Our programs are 100% charitable and we charge no fees.
- 93% of the women who are able to hit the six week benchmark date have been able to successfully complete our entire program.
- While relapse is part of recovery, we maintain a 90% sobriety rate within our recovery home.
- In 2013, we celebrated 30 years of service to homeless women and children in Chicago who have been affected by drug and alcohol addictions.
In Fiscal Year 2015, we had a significant impact in service of our mission:
- 56 women and 13 children provided with housing.
- 56 women provided with substance abuse counseling.
- 20 women provided with mental illness counseling referrals.
- 12 families placed in stable and secure housing.
- 9 women placed in jobs.